1. Patent Fees:
Please contact HAVIP LAW for a quotation about fees for filing a patent application in Cambodia as well as other patent fees.
2. The term for filing patent applications in Cambodia:
The term for filing patent applications in Cambodia claiming priority should be filed with the Cambodia Department of Intellectual Property within 12 months from the priority date. The term cannot be restored.
For PCT application, the deadline for filing is 30 months counted from the earliest priority date.
3. Documents required:
(i) Full Name, Address and Nationality of Applicant(s)
(ii) Full Name, Address and Nationality of Inventor(s)
(iii) Country, Application Number, Filing Date of the Basic Application(s) from which the Priority is claimed
(iv) Original Power of Attorney (POA), which must beduly signed by the applicant(s) and notarized before Notary Public (legalization is not required).
A general POA will be acceptable for various applications in the name of the same applicant.
(v) English version of the description, claims, abstract and if any, set of drawings.
(vi) Certified copy(ies) of the priority application(s) and the English and Cambodian translations thereof.
(vii) Deed of Assignment if the applicant is not the inventor, which must be duly signed by related parties and notarized before Notary Public.
– An original of POA must be submitted at the time of filing.
– Certified copy(ies) of priority documents may be submitted up to 1 month from the filing date.
– An original of Deed of Assignment must be submitted at the time of filing.
Other following documents should be submitted upon being requested by the Cambodian Department of Industrial Property (“DIP”) during the application prosecution:
– List of foreign corresponding applications including filing date, filing number, priority dates thereof and, copy of results of any searches or examination, any citations, patent granted for those
corresponding applications, if any.
In case you require more information or assitance on Patent in Vietnam well as other IP matters, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org