- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains foreign characters;
- List of goods/services to be covered by the trademark and if possible, the class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the International Classification;
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
- A notarized Power of Attorney from the applicant (the particular mark(s) should be identified in the Power of Attorney) (as the attached form);
- 20 trademark specimens (the size of each specimen is not smaller than 50mm x 50mm and not larger than 80mm x 80mm);
- Documents for claiming priority and English translation thereof (if any).
In accordance with the legal regulations on trademark in Laos, the following advice for possible reference:
- A trademark application can cover only one class;
- It usually takes around 06-12 months from the filing date to obtain a Trademark Registration Certificate in Laos;
- The term of the trademark protection in Laos is 10 years from the filing date. Trademark registration is renewable for unlimited times, each of 10 years;
- The trademark owner will be obliged to use the trademark in Laos. Trademark registration may be cancelled on the non-use basis if the registered mark has not been used for 5 consecutive years.