Applications for Registration of Industrial Designs
Applications for registration of industrial designs shall include the following documents:
- a request for registration of the industrial design;
- if the applicant is represented, a power of attorney and the name and address of the applicant’s representative in the Lao PDR;
- one or more drawings or photographs that clearly disclose the industrial design as needed to illustrate its appearance;
- a brief statement of the type of goods to which the industrial design relates;
- receipt of payment of fees.
The application may include a claim of priority as provided in this Law (if applicable).
Each application for industrial design registration shall apply to a single industrial design or a series of related designs for a single class as per the international classifications.
The Ministry of Science and Technology shall accept the application and assign a filing date that contains, at a minimum:
- the name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- a drawing or photograph;
- filing fee as per regulations.
If any individual, legal entity or organization wishes to apply for registration of industrial design, shall satisfy all specified requirements within the times set by the Ministry of Science and Technology.